I read a quote the other day that I want to share:
"Beginnings are scary, and endings are usually sad, but its the middle that counts" -unknown
I was thinking about it today when I went shopping for a couple new shirts. Depressing, by the way. I have developed this roll of back fat that I can't seem to figure out how or when it crept up on me. Anyways, I was in the fitting room thinking about how my body is already starting to change. I got really sad thinking about the unknown. What will I look like after I have this baby? Will I be able to get my pre-pregnancy body back? How big will I get? Will I have stretch marks? This new beginning is scary. Then I thought its the middle that counts. Not my mid-section "middle" but the journey. This is all new to me so of course I am going to be nervous and apprehensive of the the "what if's". Chances are that 6 months from now when I hold my new baby, Ill be sad that my pregnancy has ended and nervous all over again about a whole new set of worries. The beginning of motherhood. Then there will be the next phase to start/end. A never-ending cycle.
That's just life, right? The beginnings are scary and endings are sad, but its the middle that counts. All I can do is do my best at each junction in life and try to be as happy and healthy as possible. Its not always easy, but I should try.
Its the middle that counts.
Plus, I got some new slippers, so I am pretty much happy for a while.
you worry to much. Not sure where you get that from. It is just not the middle that counts- it all counts. LOVE the slippers
ReplyDelete