A few short days after taking a new lease on life, I get the flu.
I haven't been sick in at least a year. Is this my body's idea of a rebellion? I mean, I have this week off of work and had all these plans to hang out with friends and, what was it I said, be in good company? Ya, well, now its 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm up sipping on hot tea and honey to help my sore throat. I could have floated the river, done crafts and various DIY projects that I had in mind, cuddled a cute baby, and who know what else!!! But instead, Im outta the game for two days.
What the hell?
All is not lost people. Like my good friend Gloria Gaynor said- "I will survive!!!!"
side note: I truly thought Aretha Franklin sang that song, but thought I might double check with Google before giving the wrong artist credit. Good thing......
No comments:
Post a Comment