Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Next Purchase...

Dustin and I are going to Italy and France this May. We want to get some sort of E-reader/tablet that we can take with us to read, watch movies, play games, etc on the flight over and on the train ride.

Its a tough decision, but I have narrowed it down to two:

The Nook Tablet:
Or the Acer A100.
The Nook has more memory and a longer battery life, but the Acer has on Operating system to allow Office, Powerpoint, etc. and camera capabilities for video chat. They are the same screen size and only $10 difference. What should I do? Huh? Anyone?







7 comments:

  1. You said you just got a new MAC, is it a laptop? Which phones do you guys have? If you are in the MAC world now, you might consider an apple device

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither of us have smart phones, but our MAC is an MacBook Pro (and I love it). We are considering the IPad but its double the price!!! I think it might be worth it though...I definitely haven't been disappointed with the Apple so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if that means screen size then we have the 13, late 2011 edition. We are thinking about getting a refurbished IPad2 16GB 10inch screen. We could save some money there (about $80). That way our devices will be the same. They say that they do a "rigorous" screening before resale,a new screen and outer shell. I got a refurbished iPod a few years ago and have never have any problems with it. I think we will go to the Apple store here in town to have some questions answered. i just have such a hard time paying $499 for a stinkin' pad....although, it is pretty much like having a second computer....

    Why are you up so late?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always up late...always been a late night person, yet I still am up at normal hours?? I saw u got 10 hrs the other night...nice. I feel great if I get that in 2 or 3 days!

    Computer,why not just take your laptop? It's only slightly larger than the ipad. It's plenty small to put in a back pack/carry on, does everything u want the notebook to do. Use portion of the money you save to get an iphone. All the apple devices automatically wirelessly sync with each other & you can set up an account under cloud that saves everything in case a device goes down. I have taken my computer to europe several times and it is a 17". Definitely worth getting an extended battery for plane ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, now thats a good idea. We might just have to consider that.... There are so many options. :) Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget a good charger adapter. One with a surge protector. Get a padded case for the laptop. The iphone would give you the ability to keep up with your blog from anywhere.since the notebooks normally have to have wifi. Also, earphones & splitter for two people to listen. You definitely will need for plane & train

    ReplyDelete