
Having a blog is kind of like writing in your journal. Only completely different.
I am always tempted to get on here and rant and rave about what is really bothering me: work, relationships, body image, etc. etc. BUT, I stop short to remember that everything I write on my blog can be viewed by ANYONE in the world- if they wanted. (LOL. I laugh because like anyone is really out actively searching for MY thoughts on the internet.) Nonetheless, it is true.
We had a big meeting at work yesterday about how we should be careful when using "social-media" and talking about work. Basically they said don't do it. Don't Blog/Facebook/Twitter about your job or coworkers. But, isn't all the fun of communicating with family and friends the ability to vent about whats stressing you out, weighing heavy on your mind, making you miserable, etc.? I guess, these days, you should just make a phone call or write a letter. God forbid you should violate HIPPA for cryin' out loud.
I think people are too sensitive these days. I don't see what the big deal is if you don't divulge where you work, names, room #s or any other specifics. Sometimes I just wanna tell my funny stories from work, you know....
Needless to say, none of you (All 3 of my blog followers) will be hearing, or should I say "reading" me talk about work. Never. Can't do it. Not allowed. Sorry.
My blog has no theme...It's not a "cooking" blog or a "craft blog" or a "how-to" blog. So whats the point? I dunno? If I could have a theme I would want to talk about the only thing I do- Nursing. But, as we just addressed, that stuff is top secret. Am I being cynical?
I guess my theme is: "Wake-up-and-write-about-whatever-the-hell-I-want" ...except work
No comments:
Post a Comment