I've reached it, you guys. I have reached the point that I am now staring at my grass every day, wishing it would get green already and hoping for an early Spring. I need color. I can't wait to be able to plant flowers and sit out on the patio on a sunny afternoon, soaking in the warmth.
I always go get flowers too early and then there is inevitably a freeze and they all die or never grow to their potential. So this year, Dustin says I can't plant flowers until after Mother's Day. (probably some old wives tale he heard from some person that doesn't appreciate the necessity of colorful yard). I told him to kiss-it. There will be flowers in full bloom in my yard by May 1st. You watch and see. Hmmph.
Also, we didn't build our raised garden beds last fall. Mostly, because I didn't even ask Dustin to do it, but also because I just didn't feel up to it. Now I am regretting it. Its not too late, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment